This is my first start-up endeavor. A passion project focused on creating critical thinking and communication tools for academic thinkers and social speakers via the world’s first video forum and debating social network.
As a founder, I was involved at every level:
- Raised angel investments totaling $150,000 to create an e-learning platform for high school and collegiate academic debate and speech programs — a $15,000,000 annual market.
- Crafted all business materials, including business plan, P&L forecasts, and pitch deck.
- Crafted UX materials and technical documentation, including feature requirements, wireframes, and flow diagrams.
- Acquired strategic partnerships within the target academic market, such as USC, Harvard, Stanford, the National Forensic League (NFL), and the Urban Debate League.
- Conducted qualitative research with target market leaders to establish subscription features; conducted quantitative research to establish broader market features for general users.
- Vetted strategic vendors and managed product development working with software development firm Varywell.
- Formed company advisory board, including Steven Atneosen (VC), Cory Van Arsdale (former Microsoft CEO) and Randy Terbush (Apache cofounder).
I made these videos to demonstrate the unique platform features that were created for DebateHall.