The first of two award-winning artistic short films that I produced for director Justin Liberman. We filmed Y Nada Mas in various locations in Venice Beach, CA on 35mm and cast actual reformed felons who use acting to stay off the street and to improve their quality of life. Their banter and interaction create some priceless moments in the film.
Official Selection – 2005 Tribeca Film Festival
- Emilio Rivera as Lalo
- Danny Martinez as Javier
- Peter Mark Vasquez as Fernando
- Jacob Valenzuela as Jacob
Press & Awards
Y Nada Mas has screened at 15 international film festivals and won Best Cinematography in 2005 at the Malibu Int’l Film Festival.
- Raised the $35,000 budget.
- Developed script with director.
- Oversaw all creative and marketing aspects of production.
- Designed marketing materials.
- Designed and maintained the film website.
- Handled festival submissions.